Areas of Interest
I'm a PhD candidate in Oceanography at the University of Maine. I'm interested in linking the optical properties of water to the bulk of the leaving particles in the ocean using both remote sensing and BGC-Argo floats.
Another interest of mine is to study the plankton biomass and species composition with imagery (IFCB, FlowCam, UVP) and relate it to the optical properties of ocean.
Peer-Reviewed Scientific Articles
- MS 2017, Oceanography, University of Maine, Orono, ME
- MS 2015, Embedded Systems Engineering, ISEP, Paris, France
Haëntjens, N., E. Boss, and L. Talley, 2017.
Revisiting Ocean Color algorithms for chlorophyll a and particulate organic carbon in the Southern Ocean using biogeochemical floats.
Journal of Geophysical Research, Oceans. DOI: 10.1002/2017JC012844
Johnson, K., J. Plant, L. Coletti, H. W. Jannasch, C. Sakamoto, S. Riser, D. Swift, N. Williams, E. Boss, N. Haëntjens, L. Talley, and J. Sarmiento, 2017.
Biogeochemical sensor performance in the SOCCOM profiling float array.
Journal of Geophysical Research, Oceans. DOI:10.1002/2017JC012838
Roesler, C., J. Uitz, H. Claustre, E. Boss, X. Xing, E. Organelli, N. Briggs, A. Bricaud, C. Schmechtig, A. Poteau, F. D'Ortenzio, J. Ras, S. Drapeau, N. Haëntjens
and M. Barbieux, 2017.
Recommendations for obtaining unbiased chlorophyll estimates from in situ chlorophyll fluorometers: A global analysis of WET Labs ECO sensors.
Limnology and Oceanography, Methods, DOI: 10.1002/lom3.10185.
Gerbi, G. P., E. Boss, P. J. Werdell, C. W. Proctor, N. Haëntjens
, M. R. Lewis, K. Brown, D. Sorrentino, J. R. V. Zaneveld, A. H. Barnard, J. Koegler, H. Fargher, M. Dedonato and W. Wallace, 2016.
Validation of Ocean Color Remote Sensing Reflectance Using Autonomous Floats. Journal of Atmospheric and Oceanic Technology, 33, 2331-2352, DOI: 10.1175/JTECH-D-16-0067.1
- Inlinino: A simple data logger for oceanographic instruments (TSG, FLBBCD, PAR...)
- MISCToolbox: Matlab Toolbox for Ocean Optics
- easyIFCB: Set of scripts and instructions to process data from the Imaging Flow CytoBot (IFCB)
- FloatMonitoring: RUDICS server receiving data from NAAMES floats
- FloatProcess: Python package to process data from BGC-Argo floats in real-time